Whether your goal is to get fit, learn boxing, improve your skills, or just try something new we've got you covered! We welcome all skills levels. Our team of friendly and experienced trainers will help you to meet your goals. Through group fitness classes you will develop your cardio, strength, and boxing skills. If you decide you want to learn more or desire a more personalized workout, we offer private training. We believe that positivity, knowledge, and experience are the keys. We strive to maintain an atmosphere that is inclusive, accessible, and welcoming to all. We take a lot of pride in the supportive, community-based environment that exists here and we'd love for you to be a part of it!
Our trainers and staff are experienced, qualified, and motivated to help you meet your goals through group fitness classes and personal training. All of our trainers are successful amateur boxers and USA Boxing certified coaches. We use our experience to create an environment that is both fun and productive! We take extra care in selecting our coaches to best fit the needs of our community. Each individual on our team is someone that keeps the best interest of their clients at heart and understands the responsibility of their role.
We take pride in being locally owned and owner-operated. Owner and lead trainer, Russell Crandall, was born and raised in Seattle. He attended the University of Washington where he was a member of the UW Husky Boxing Team. After graduating, he became a coach for the team and was determined to make sure they had a boxing gym to call home. Together with his wife, Chloe Torres, they opened the doors to Emerald City Boxing Gym in 2017. Russell and Chloe live in North Seattle with their 3 boys and are dedicated to the ongoing success of the gym. They are committed to equitable, accessible, and welcoming experiences for anyone interested in boxing.
When asked about the gym Russell said, "the opportunity to bring boxing to so many people and meet so many extraordinary folks along the way has been the honor of a lifetime. This gym is a part of myself and my family. I am grateful and humbled by the opportunity."
Members and visitors must refrain from:
1. Harassment of any kind, unwanted physical contact, abuse, threats, aggression, or any behavior that endangers the wellbeing of staff or members
2. Behavior or language that is racist, sexist, homophobic, or that creates an uncomfortable or unsafe environment
3. Disparaging remarks about a coach or member; all concerns must be directed towards management
4. Intentional destruction or tampering with gym property that results in the integrity of the property being damaged
5. Excessive yelling, screaming, or use of profanity that interrupts the cohesive nature of the gym
6. Disrupting or interfering with a group fitness class or private lesson
7. Attempting to negotiate or barter the price of services or the extent of services provided by Emerald City Boxing Gym
8. All commercial activity. This includes instructing private lessons or soliciting for personal business reasons, photography or posting for personal business reasons with explicit consent, or undermining the integrity of Emerald City Boxing Gym as a business entity